As of the day of publication of the call notice, shareholders have the right to examine and obtain, immediately and free of charge at the Company's registered office at Plaza de la Lealtad 1, 28014 Madrid, or have delivered or sent to them free of charge the following documentation:
- the full text of the call to the Ordinary General Shareholders’ Meeting;
- the Annual Financial Report for fiscal year 2019, which includes the annual financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, statement of changes in equity, statement of cash flows and notes to the financial statements) the management reports for 2019, both individual and consolidated, together with the respective auditors' reports and the statement of responsibility for their contents;
- the consolidated no financial statement of BME and its Group companies for the year ended 31 December 2019, which is part of the consolidated management report for 2019, together with the report issued by an independent provider;
- the complete text of the resolution proposed which the Board submits to the Ordinary General Shareholders’ Meeting, under items one to nine of the agenda;
- the proposal of the Appointments and Remuneration Committee and the explanatory report by the Board of Directors on for the appointment of a female Director, which will be submitted under item four on the agenda, where these reports includet he identity, curriculum and professional category of the Director;
- the Appointments and Remuneration Committee report on the amendment to the Directors' Remuneration Policy submitted under item five of the agenda, together with motivated proposal of the Board of Directors;
- the text of the amendment of the Directors' Remuneration Policy corresponding to years 2019, 2020 and 2021, included in item five of the agenda;
- the 2019 Annual Report on Directors' Remuneration, to be submitted to an advisory vote in item six on the agenda;
- the report in relation to the amendments on the Board of Directors Regulations referred to in item ten of the agenda;
- the Annual Corporate Governance Report for fiscal year 2019;
- the Board Activities Report for 2019, including the reports from its Committees;
- the Regulations on the operation of the Electronic Shareholder e-Forum;
- the total number of shares and voting rights at the date of the call to the meeting;
- the specimen attendance, proxy representation and remote voting card;
- an explanatory note for shareholders regarding voting, information and the appointment of proxies using remote communications means and the requirements, terms and procedures in place to this effect; and
- an informative sheet about the mechanisms in place for simultaneous translation of the General Meeting into English, the sign language service and the streaming of the event through a “webcast”.
In accordance with Articles 518 of the Corporate Enterprises Act and 42 of the Articles of Association in relation to Article 10.1 of the Meeting Regulations, as of the day of publication of the call notice until the General Meeting is held, this documentation is available for an uninterrupted period of the time on the corporate website at www.bolsasymercados.es.
Pursuant to the provisions of Articles 197.1 and 520.1 of the Corporate Enterprises Act, 13 of the Articles of Association and 11.3 of the Meeting Regulations, as of the day of publication of the call to the General Meeting and up to the fifth day prior, inclusive, to the day in which the General Shareholders Meeting is held, shareholders may request any information or clarifications they deem necessary, or submit any written questions they deem pertinent in relation to the items on the agenda, concerning any public available information furnished by the Company to the National Securities Market Commission (CNMV) since the last General Shareholders’ Meeting, and the auditor's report.
All these requests for information may be made:
- by delivery of the request or by post, to the General Secretary and Secretary to the Board of Directors at the Company’s registered office, Plaza de la Lealtad 1, 28014 Madrid.
- by electronic document via the Company’s website under "Shareholders and investors" through the section devoted to the General Shareholders Meeting. This request for information may be made:
- with a recognised electronic signature and advanced electronic signature based on the Electronic User Certificate issued by the Spanish National Mint's Public Certification Authority, with respect to which no revocation has been registered, or the recognised electronic certificate forming part of the electronic National Identity Card issued pursuant to the Royal Decree 1553/2005 of 23 December regulating issuance of National Identity Cards and their electronic signature certificates; or
- with the user/password credentials that the shareholder will receive at their e-mail address after the verification of their identity and status as shareholder in the section for the purposes of the General Shareholders Meeting.
The access and use of the platform for exercising the right to information by the shareholder is conditioned to maintaining the status of Company’s shareholder at all times.
The Company reserves the right to amend, suspend, cancel or restrict the mechanisms for e-mail or electronic requests for information when necessary for technical or security reasons.
The Company shall not be held liable for any loss or damage sufferedby shareholders as a result of breakdowns, system overloads, lines failures, connection faults, postal delays or any other similar difficulties beyond the Company’s control preventing the correct use of the mechanisms for e-mail or electronic requests for information.
Any requests for information shall be include the first name and surname(s) or, where applicable, the corporate name, of shareholders requesting the information, and proof must be provided of the shares owned by the shareholders so that this can be checked against the information in the Company's shareholder register.
LINK TO PROXY AND REMOTE VOTING PROCEDURE. (Spanish only)