Regional public debt market in Valencia
Since November 2009, a regulated market has existed in the Valencian Community. This is a term used in the European directives to designate what is known as secondary official markets. With the Resolution of the 2 November 2009, the Valencian Institute of Finance (IVF) constituted the “Mercado Autonómico de Deuda Pública en Anotaciones en cuenta de la Generalitat Valenciana” (MDPA, an Autonomous Market of public debt).
According to this Resolution, the securities, which are obviously of fixed interest rate, and which this can be traded on this market are the following:
- Promissory notes of the Valencian Autonomous Government.
- Bonds and Obligations of the Valencian Autonomous Government.
- Promissory notes issued by the Valencian Institute of Finance.
- Bonds and Obligations issued by the Valencian Institute of Finance.
- Securities of fixed interest rate issued by other publics entities dependent on the Valencian Government.
In the beginning, this bonds were traded with old verbal system (Sistema de Corros), until 1 April 2011, when they started to be traded on the Electronic System, on the electronic platform that uses by the “Mercado Electrónico de Renta Fija y Deuda Pública Anotada” (Market of Fixed revenue an Public debt). The record of the annotations in account, as well as the compensation and liquidation of the contracted securities, is carried out by Iberclear.